How to Delete Apps on Your iPhone
The large amount of multidirectional software makes the iPhone from Apple the most convenient and outstanding accessory that is capable of multitasking.
Unlike competing products that expand their space with SD cards, Apple gadgets do not have a corresponding slot to get the cherished gigabytes. Therefore, for a more correct operation of the device, the question of clearing unnecessary files and applications becomes relevant sooner or later. Below we will look at ways on how to delete apps on iphone.
Applications in iOS can be uninstalled in different ways. Depending on the version and year of release, the removal methodology has some differences. Let’s consider the standard ways of uninstalling software.
This method is considered the easiest and most popular. To uninstall an application, you must follow a few consecutive steps:
- Click on the icon of the product you want to remove and hold it for a few seconds.
- When a pop-up menu appears, select “Change application order”. A jiggle of the object will start.
- Press the “X” icon in the upper left corner.
- Confirm the action in the appropriate window.
After 4 simple actions, the program will be completely erased from the device together with the icon on the screen.
There is a complex way to get rid of several applications at once:
- Select the first icon, hold it for 2 seconds.
- In the context menu, go to “Change home screen”.
- While the icons are shaking, tap the “-” button on the ones you want to uninstall.
It is worth noting that some standard Apple products are not subject to uninstallation. In this case, the context menu will not be launched.
To get to the library section of the iPhone, you should swipe to the left on the main screen. At the top there is an icon with the appropriate name. By clicking on it, a full list of folders will open in front of the user, which includes even those hidden from the main screen.
Press the desired icon and hold for a few seconds. In the pop-up menu, select “Delete application”. In the confirmation window, click “Uninstall” again.
If you have parental controls installed on your iPhone, you should deactivate screen time before taking action.
Deleting from settings
Find the gray gears on one of the screens. Then follow Settings > General > iPhone Storage > Delete App. After confirming your intention, the action will be successfully completed.
Often the user decides to uninstall software, but to keep important data that is associated with it, such as files or images.
A convenient feature has appeared in the iPhone since model 11. Its essence is that you can delete the software, but the documents and data related to it will be available to the user. A modified application icon with a cloud will appear on the screen.
There are two ways to do this offloading:
- Automatic. Applications that the user accesses less frequently according to statistics will be unloaded by the system from the smartphone memory. To activate it, follow the steps: Settings > iTunes Store and App Store > Unload unused apps.
- Manual. This option allows you to define the programs to be unloaded on your own. To use this method, follow the steps: Settings > Basic > iPhone Storage. Then, select the program you want to unload and tap the “Unload Program” button and confirm the action.
The most convenient way to clear internal memory is through iTunes.
- Connect your gadget to your PC with a cable or wireless Internet connection.
- Launch iTunes.
- Go to the “Applications” tab on the left side of the window.
- Tick the checkboxes next to the icons.
- Click on the Uninstall button.
If necessary, you can download deleted apps again by selecting them from the App Store list.
Via the software source in the App Store
Launch the online store by tapping the white “A” icon on a blue background. You can find the item on the home screen or by using the search bar. At the top of the screen on the right, log in to your account. The complete software catalog will be available to the user in alphabetical order. Swipe up and down and mark the item to be deleted. Swipe to the left and select the “Delete” option. The system will then ask you to confirm the action, which you must agree to.
Keep in mind that if you delete the program, all the paid subscriptions will remain active. In the case of a second installation, the system will not require you to pay money.
This mechanism of uninstallation is considered the most informative – before the procedure, information about the size taken is opened to the user. You can evaluate and think about the organization of the storage in advance.
You can do the uninstallation by following the instructions:
- In the iPhone, follow the steps “Settings” > “Basic” > “Using storage and iCloud”.
- In the Storage section, click ” Manage”.
- Swipe and specify the software you want to delete. At this point, you can see information about the size of the software.
- Click “Delete Software” and confirm your intention in the window that opens.
If the user does not find the desired program in the list, go to Settings > Basic > ” Using storage and iCloud “. At the bottom, select “Show All Programs”. The alphabetical list will appear on the screen.
It happens very often that gamers decide to start their way in a particular game from scratch. All game experience, data and other developments become irrelevant. Depending on where the information and data are stored, there are two ways to solve this problem:
- The server of the software creator with a link to an Apple account. You need to enter new data for authentication.
- Cloud storage. You should log in to the iCloud system and use the settings to complete deletion.
Choosing one of the two options, you can completely get rid of the software on the smartphone.
If you haven’t yet been able to clear the internal memory and your device is still slow, read another useful article.