Money makes the world go round, or so the saying goes and while we all dream of being rich, we do need to earn enough money to live to the standard we expect. Of course, we are all unique individuals, one of a kind and some people manage their finances better than others; the Internet is probably the best invention mankind has ever made and if you are looking for ways to supplement your income, here are just a few money-making opportunities on the World Wide Web.
- E-commerce – It has never been easier to sell products online and many people enjoy a great lifestyle paid for by their e-store revenue. There’s a fair bit of groundwork to do; start by researching products you think might sell, source suppliers, look at market prices and crunch the numbers to see if there’s a mark-up in it for you. If there is, you can start thinking about shopping cart websites and setting up payment gateways; you sell need some SEO work on your platform, to optimise for Google searches.
- Online gaming – A single play could land you a life-changing jackpot on one of the online slot machines; players who visit the same slots every week are much more likely to hit the big one! Indeed, clever players can regularly make a profit, it’s like anything, you have to apply yourself and create a system.
- Teaching English – You don’t need any teaching qualifications if you are a native English speaker; contact an online English academy and they will provide full training. Of course, you start on a flat hourly rate that goes up with your experience level. You work the hours that you want; you can easily make an extra $500 a month by spending your evenings and a few weekends teaching Chinse kids English.
- Product surveys – There are agencies that will pay you to complete online product surveys and the only requirement is that you are honest with your answers. The more you complete, the more you make; it isn’t everyone’s cup of tea but if you like giving your opinion on a wide range of new products, this is for you! It’s never going to make you rich, but it can give you a nice extra monthly income. Click here for the many benefits of sea salt.
- Book sales – If you fancy yourself as a good fiction writer, why not start writing e-books? Register as an author with Amazon Kindle and you can start publishing; your royalties are automatically paid into your bank a/c. It would take you a few years of hard work to make enough to quit your day job, but the opportunities are there.
If you lost your job because of the pandemic and you are still looking for employment, try a few of the above and make some extra money every month. There are lots of opportunities if you are prepared to look and more people are making a living on the Internet than ever before; you could become a digital nomad and relocate to Thailand.