Whoever said that men’s winter clothing is purely functional in nature did not know the importance of layers in fashion. While staying warm is certainly one of the reasons for those extra layers, they help in projecting men’s personal style too.
In fact, even within the limited number of winter wear options for men, a little bit of mix and match can yield surprising results. For instance, sporting a pop colored muffler with neutral winter wear can showcase your individuality in the multitude of similarly dressed men.
In this post, we bring to you the best winter fashion tips for men. Let’s begin.
- Wear Well Fitted Clothes – Wearing clothes that fit you well is a fashion tip that works in all seasons, the need to keep your body warm makes it all the more relevant in the cold. This means that when it comes to hoodies sweatshirts men need to ensure that they go with ones that fit snuggly.
Apart from this, you must avoid baggy jackets and sweatshirts or any kind of loose item of clothing that makes you look uneven. Sharp look is what you are going for and this can be done also through use of body hugging clothes like joggers and woolen inner wear.
- Wear The Right Fabric – It is true that you can never go wrong with cotton. But there is a season for every fabric or a fabric for every season and cotton is not winter friendly. In the cold, wool and cashmere are your best friends.
If you are someone who does not prefer wearing the two winter friendly fabrics, then you might want to spend a few bucks on good quality thermals. You can wear these below the regular clothing to ensure that you do not shiver while outdoors. The extra layer also helps you look fitter in case you are skinny.
- Use Colors To Reflect Your Mood – Gone are the days when winter meant wearing a simple white or black sweater and simple trousers below the waist. Today, winter wear can be as colorful as you want to be.
Colorful winter wear from dhgate clothing vendors is very popular these days. If you are in a happy mood, you might want to go with bright colors that show your joy. A somber mood can be conveyed using white and its various shades.
- Pay Attention To Your Footwear – In the winter, people often ignore their footwear. Yes, any footwear that covers your foot completely is good for the cold weather but did you know that footwear with rounded toes offer much better protection as compared to other footwear?
In addition, layering up works well when it comes to footwear too. Adding thick socks can help regulate your body temperature to a large extent. There is a reason behind the much used phrase ‘cold feet’. Our feet tend to get cold very easily.
- Experiment With Headgear – Headgear among men has always meant sticking to the classic choices. Only in winter do men have the option of going beyond their boundaries (wearing anything other than a hat, so to say).
If we talk about the fashionable options in men’s headgear for the winter, you have the watch cap which is a woolen hat, a flat cap and a pie hat. All these options merge quite nicely with any form of attire be it semi formal or casual or sometimes even formal.
- Use Accessories To Augment Your Style – Again, it is always assumed that men’s accessories for the cold are limited in number. This is not true at all. Simply put, there are numerous options in the gloves section itself.
Scarves are another important accessory that can be used by men to augment their style. Think of scarves as ties and you will get to know that the number of different ways in which a man can tie a scarf can also reflect multiple styles.
Being comfortable is super important but that in no way means that men need to compromise on the style quotient in the winter. In reality, the additional layers (whether visible like hoodies or invisible like thermals) can add that oomph factor when it comes to men’s fashion.